The Center’s research activities are focused around three interdisciplinary themes – Sustainable Production Systems, Healthy Food, and Resilient Food Markets – and reflect the core competence of the members’ expertise.
Our research activities consist of
- managing competitive research programs (Sustainability in Food Value Chains and Organic Production Systems)
- developing flagship research projects
- supporting special collaborations.
Together, these activities enable the Center to work towards achieving our research goals.
Core Research Activities
- Contribute new knowledge that plays a role in addressing the global challenges of food and nutrition security;
- Develop new research models based on partnerships;
- Facilitate inter- and transdisciplinary research within ETH Zurich;
- Manage the boundary between science and decision making, ensuring prominence, credibility and legitimacy.